Who May Join?
The Ancient Order of Druids in America welcomes applications for membership from people of all spiritual, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, age 18 or older, who wish to create and follow a personal path of nature spirituality that is rooted in their local ecosystem.
The AODA offers a wide variety of benefits to its members, including:
- Education in nature-based spirituality, druid philosophy, activity, and ritual practices;
- Mentoring in the process of developing your personal, earth-centered path of nature spirituality;
- Participation in an active, vibrant, and respectful online community;
- Opportunities to participate in face-to-face activities, via membership in Home Circles, Study Groups, and Groves;
- Members-only information (newsletters, membership maps, etc);
- A New Candidate Guide for AODA members
- And best of all, a really cool AODA logo patch, that you can sew onto your favorite hiking vest or crane bag, or whatever else you fancy!
What does AODA membership cost?
The AODA charges a one-time, lifetime membership fee for each level of advancement in the order:
- For basic membership and enrollment as a Candidate, the fee is US$50.
- The lifetime membership fee for the First Degree is US$100.
- The lifetime membership fee for the Second Degree is US$100
- The lifetime membership fee for the Third Degree is US$50.
- There is no additional fee for the GCC clergy training program.
How to Apply for Membership
***Due to the Corvid-19 Outbreak in the USA, it may be some time until we process physical mail applications. Thus, we *strongly* encourage you to submit an electronic application and payment at this time***
Please send a letter of application via email by way of the Contact page. The email should include the following required information:
- Full Legal Name
- Preferred Form of Name
- Druid Name (if you have one, not required)
- Email Address
- Mailing/Shipping Address
- Date of Birth
- Outline of Previous Druid Studies (if any) or other related studies
- Other Druid Group Affiliations
- Statement about why you wish to join AODA and what you hope to get out of it.
Please note: your application must be complete and must include payment in order to be processed. Your membership fee of US$50 may be paid via PayPal; please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send a letter of application to AODA, P.O Box 1002, Indiana, PA 15701 USA. The letter should include the information in the bullet list above. Please note: your application must be complete and must include payment in order to be processed. Include a check or money order for US$50, payable to AODA.
AODA Ethics Policy
The AODA, as an order, values inclusivity, understanding, integrity, and a respect for all beings. Those who perpetrate hate crimes or belong to hate groups, who commit unnecessary violent acts (e.g., acts not in defense of self or others) toward humans or the rest of the natural world, or who have been convicted of crimes that demonstrate a disregard for the well-being of others (human or non-human) do not align with the overall ethics of the organization. The Grand Grove reserves the right to review and revoke the membership of people falling into the above categories.
Our commitment to integrity and truth encompasses the transcendent and the earthly. Falsification of information upon application for membership or degree completion, as well as failing to maintain the secrecy of initiations and the inner work of the order, are grounds for dismissal/termination of membership per Grand Grove review and decision. This includes any sort of deception, including plagiarism (failing to give proper credit to or passing off the writing or ideas of others as your own).